- Mentoring – One-on-one trust building
- Alpha Bible Study – Christianity 101
- Effective Partners in Parenting – How to raise respectful, responsible children.
- Re-Entry Life Skills – What to expect on the outside: Making healthy choices
- Rachel’s Vineyard – Working through TOD (The Open Door), this program offers recovery from guilt and anxiety associated with abortion.
- Pregnancy & Parenting – Nutrition and parenting education for incarcerated first-time mothers.
- Common Cents – Financial literacy and banking skills.
Summer short course classes include:
- Walk the Talk
- Life Worth Living
- Searching Issues
Family Outreach Programs
- Mommy Reads – Incarcerated moms read story books to their children. CDs are created and sent with the books to the children’s caregivers.
- Christmas Stars – A children’s gifting program that fills the void in other community programs
- Grace Camp – In conjunction with this nonprofit, TOD offers children of clients a safe, grace-filled camp experience without judgment from peers.
We continue our work with law enforcement, the judiciary, rehabilitation centers, the Literary Council of SWLA, Volunteers of America, Catholic Charities, the City of Lake Charles, Calcasieu Parish Police Jury, and area businesses and churches. We are a member of the Southwest LA Re-Entry Alliance and provide a continuum of supportive programs for local women returning to society. The Open Door Restores Hope with education and mentoring..